List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: simonskype.po vs. libkskype.po
From:       Peter Grasch <grasch () simon-listens ! org>
Date:       2012-03-05 11:37:54

Am Montag, 5. März 2012, 00:04:48 schrieb Burkhard Lück:
> Am Sonntag, 4. März 2012, 22:58:09 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > El Diumenge, 4 de març de 2012, a les 22:42:42, Frederik Schwarzer va
> >
> > escriure:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > playground-accessibility/libkskype.po is the same as simonskype.po was
> > > before. Can this be merged?
> >
> > I'm busy, i'll let someone else do it.
>
> Afaik all messages in libskype.pot are also in simontouch.pot?
>
> Peter?
This was the case once as the skype bits were basically copy & pasted (and
slightly modified) between simonskype and simontouch. But since we introduced
libskype, we removed the Skype parts from simonskype and simontouch and use
the shared library instead.

Looking at the templates in trunk, the messages are picked up correctly:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/templates/messages/playground-
accessibility/simon-touch.pot?revision=1283429&view=markup
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/templates/messages/playground-
accessibility/simonskype.pot?revision=1279103&view=markup
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/templates/messages/playground-
accessibility/libkskype.pot?revision=1280623&view=markup

Since the split, simonskype has only a handful of messages - basically just
the messages for the --help argument.

So for translators, it's probably best to copy the old simonskype translations
as libskype translations. The additional couple of messages shouldn't matter
(and if so can easily be removed).
I think there is also an option to add a different .po as phrase source in
lokalize or something but I never used that.

Then again, we're talking about 32 messages...

Best regards,
Peter