List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Questions about PO_Summit & Lokalize
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2012-02-25 20:37:16

> [: Abdalrahim Fakhouri :]
> The problem is that most of the summit files already exist (created by the
> previous coordinator)

No, that's not a problem. Because there was some work directly in branches,
what you need to do now is to effectivelly recreate the summit. That will
happen when you execute gather --force --create. You could just as well
completely remove the existing summit beforehand, there would be no
difference. But there is no need to remove it, so just execute
gather --force --create and don't worry.

> If I "gather --force --create" this will replace the existing summits and
> will take a v.long time, right?

Yes, it will replace existing summit, in the sense that afterwards the
summit files will have the content as they would after first summit
creation, some summit files will be added, and some removed. This is not a
problem, because there was no work done in existing summit in the meantime.
If there were some unscattered work in the summit, that would be a problem,
but that is not the case here.

As for execution time, to put it in somewhat concrete terms: it takes 8
minutes on my Core 2 at 2.8 GHz. I call that "long time". But since it is
done once and never again, I don't consider it as something to think about
in this situation.

> I hope I got it clear this time! :S

Let me too try to be very clear :) -- the *only thing* that you can do to
preserve work from trunk is gather --force --create.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)