List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [kde-doc-english] [calligra] kexi/main: GUI: prototype of welcome status bar
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-02-19 20:55:55

On 19 February 2012 13:49, Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor@ukr.net> wrote:
> написане Sun, 19 Feb 2012 01:02:42 +0200, Jaroslaw Staniek
> <staniek@kde.org>:
>
>> Git commit 59036e061ab35277fe7c0254234ec8f1374a3517 by Jaroslaw Staniek.
>> Committed on 23/01/2012 at 23:43.
>> Pushed by staniek into branch 'master'.
>>
>> GUI: prototype of welcome status bar
>>
>> feedback format++: added JSON-compatible character escaping; added uid
>>
>> index 40e883b..1c1f3d6 100644
>

> Hi,
>
> main/status/contribution_details.ui:198
> Turn on anonymous identification (+%1%)
>
> Explanation in main/status/contribution_details.ui:220:
> Enabling this will give you ability to see statistical information regarding
> your own use of Kexi. Recommended.
>
> Are these messages consistent?

Yuri, thanks for your review. As always helpful.
Yes but maybe could be better phrased (suggestions are welcome). The
clue is that unless user sends globally unique identifier with her
data, it's not possible to compute statistics of her own use (since we
do not track IP numbers or geolocation data).

> contribution_help.ui: 28:
> In Kexi project you can parfavoriteat any time, no matter if it is shiny
> final release or early beta.
>
> What is it "parfavoriteat"? Google knows nothing about this...

Fixed, thanks - it looks like I removed some characters by accident.
Now the section says:

"Most products appreciate your close participation during beta testing
of the software. In Kexi Project you can participate in development of
your application at any time, no matter if it is shiny final release
or early beta. Join to have influence on the shape of this software.

> "Your Support for the Kexi Project."-page is not shown translated with
> current kexi.pot catalog and current Calligra compiled from sources. Is this
> expected?

Yes. This is part of the dynamic content hosted on the kexi server,
much like Qt Creator news are.
This allows serving updates, news, fixes to users quickly. But in Kexi
case also more complex GUI elements that are are subject to change in
that 'news/contribution' area are hosted this way. Hence the idea of
using .ui format.
So far I like the result. It was planned long long ago (2005? and with
early WebKit tests in 2008).

(HTML was not an option since it's too heavy for the purpose of
displaying the welcome screen, and QTextBrowser's HTML functionality
subset was limited and translation would be a problem).

I do not plan to abuse this channel for needs that are covered by the
standard deployment method.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
  http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek