List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Translating KDE Docs automatically
From:       Pino Toscano <toscano.pino () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2011-05-19 19:57:51

Alle giovedì 19 maggio 2011, Dashamir Hoxha ha scritto:
> When I browse a French or German or a Korean website,
> I cannot understand it (and most of them do not have
> an English version). My browser offers to translate it
> for me and I accept the offer. The translation is really
> bad, but at least I can get the meaning of the page (my
> brain seems to correct automatically linguistic errors).

That isn't the same for everybody.

> The choice for the Albanian translations is not
> between bad and better, but between bad and nothing.

We told you that bad is generally worse than nothing at all.
What if an automatic translation completely misunderstands the meaning
of some sentence?
Also, there are quite many messages which require manual translation
keeping the context of the file/application into account. Such errors
can happen (and do happen) even to teams which have been translating KE
for years.

> The rest of the discussions is just on the academic level

I don't see anything "academic", Park and me provided you concrete
examples, quite far from being academic.

--
Pino Toscano