List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Translating KDE Docs automatically
From:       Park Shinjo <kde () peremen ! name>
Date:       2011-05-19 18:28:35

Plus one for Pino.

From my experience regarding Korean translation, what Pino said is
_right_. During late KDE 3 era, we suffered from lack of good
maintainship and diversified translations. (there were some local
translation of KDE here, but they never got upstream) That didn't
attracted new KDE users well. Quantity does not automatically means
quality, or even integrity. If you're really interested in translating
KDE, you may start from defining some common terms inside KDE to
Albanian language. It will be good starting point not only for you,
but also for further fellow translators.

Google translate will not assure you integrity: it may choose
different words for same terms, make some grammar issues, etc. It
might be a point for your personal reference, but not for translations
residing inside KDE even in fuzzy form.