List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: String change for KAlarm
From:       Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kruijf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-14 8:52:52

Op zaterdag 14 mei 2011 01:13:48 schreef David Jarvie:
> I'd like to change one translatable string in KAlarm which was added a
> couple of days ago. In my haste to beat the freeze, I chose a more
> technical than necessary wording which doesn't really convey what the user
> needs to know. The current wording of the string is "Failed to convert old
> configuration for calendar %1" - I want to change it to "Failed to set up
> access to calendar %1", which I think makes it clearer that the calendar
> won't be usable but hasn't been changed. Is it ok  to change it?

In my view the original message gives the reason of the failure more clearly,
where the proposed message hides this reason. Also what can be done about it
would help. To me the proposed message does not make it clear that the old
agenda has not been changed.
In case this message is there to convey a message on very rare occasions, the
original message, maybe with a little change (is it really the configuration
for the agenda which is not usable or is it the data), has my preference.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf