List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Late changes/adaptions in kpat (docbook)
From:       Parker Coates <parker.coates () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2010-06-29 22:27:27

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:08, Johannes Obermayr wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2010 20:26:44 you wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 09:10, Johannes Obermayr wrote:
> > > While translating I noticed the following must be changed.
> > >
> > > The shuffling change is from mainwindow.cpp:210 - context: "Collect the cards \
> > > in play, shuffle them and redeal them"
> >
> > Hello Johannes,
> >
> > Good catch on the shuffling discrepancy, but you chose the wrong fix.
> > > ) In this particular case, the manual is correct and the action
> > description is incorrect. The "Redeal" action in question is the one
> > used in Grandfather. The action needs to be deterministic so that the
> > solver can "see past" the next redeal, so no shuffling is done. Since
> > this means only the i18n context is incorrect, I'll leave it up to you
> > translation folks to decide whether this is worth changing this late
> > in the release schedule.
>
> For me it shuffles (only the ones nearest to me):
>
> 1st situation: heart 10, diamonds 6, spades queen, clubs 8, diamonds king, heart 3, \
> clubs 5 2nd situation: heart 10, diamonds 5, heart 7, clubs 4, spades 10, spades 5, \
> spades 8 3rd situation: heart 10, spades 8, heart ace, clubs 6, diamonds 9, clubs \
> 9, spades jack
>
> But may I am to silly following the context "shuffling" is used here. ;-)
>
> Also end users can understand it wrong ...

If I recall correctly, the cards are collected pile by pile from right
to left and then dealt out one at a time back and forth across the
piles. So yes, the cards are reordered, but no, they're not shuffled
(which implies randomisation). The best course of action would
probably be to remove all reference to shuffling from both the manual
and the context.

> > The "Change Appearance" change is obviously 100% correct.
> >
> > Of course, now that you've gotten me looking at the manual, I see a
> > few other things that are no longer correct. :|
>
> Parker, feel free to send us necessary modifications. We will decide whether it is \
> worth breaking string freeze ...
> Btw. trunk should be open for new contributions/changes. Albert?

Yes, trunk is now open, but I've been away from home for a week and
will be for another. If I get a chance, I'll make any corrections
needed to trunk and then come here with the revisions to discuss
backporting.

Parker