List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Fwd: branches/stable/l10n-kde4
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-06-28 22:26:19

A Dilluns, 28 de juny de 2010, Ozan Çağlayan va escriure:
> On 29.06.2010 00:00, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Dilluns, 28 de juny de 2010, Ozan Çağlayan va escriure:
> >

> > Nothing has been lost according to my logs, the first commit i did
> > *might* have had some lost translations, but there have been several
> > others correcting stuff so everything in stable now should be what there
> > was in trunk.
> >
> > Unless you can prove me wrong (i err lots of times too!), but for example
> > the said joystick.po file is the same here in trunk and stable, so could
> > you please check again?
>
> Okay it seems that you're right. When I updated the translations of
> joystick.po, I modified it in trunk instead of branches/stable. And today
> when I merged from stable to trunk seen that we've done whole translation
> in stable, the outdated one came in.
>
> So no problem. This will transparently get fixed once we finish translating
> trunk and merge to stable. As far as I understand there's no problem to
> manually back-port the translations from trunk to stable, right?
> Breaking your workflow will be the last thing we'll want to do.

I've finished copying files around so you are not going to break anything from
my side.

But i sincerely think you are doing it wrong by translating trunk and
backporting to stable since trunk (from today on) is what is going to be KDE
SC 4.6 so it's going to suffer a lots of changes soon, and most probably there
will be messages present in stable for KDE SC 4.5 that will not be in trunk so
backporting will not translate them and you will end up with untranslated
messages in the stable version.

Albert