List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Fwd: branches/stable/l10n-kde4
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-06-28 21:00:55

A Dilluns, 28 de juny de 2010, Ozan Çağlayan va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> Where are you merging these translations from?

From trunk.

> Because it seems that some
> newer translations are lost (like joystick.po for example) with this
> commit. But also there are new translations that I've made today for
> example. Seems like a total merge from branches/4.4 + trunk/ if that was
> possible.

Translations in stable now are the exact ones in trunk, or so diff says here

> Why am I asking? Here's the answer:
>
> As the Turkish translation team has not been active for quite sometimes
> (The leader is busy doing his military service and will possibly not be
> available during the next year), and now we're (Pardus Linux) trying hard
> to complete the translations.
>
> The state of 4.4 translations was really very bad so we've jumped in and
> started to translate branches/stable/l10n-kde4 during the past month and
> reached sth like ~%93.
>
> But as we've then figured out, that was not the best way to translate KDE
> SC as the translations got merged from trunk to stable once every major
> release is tagged.
>
> That's why Ibrahim asked in here a few days ago what should we do to keep
> things synced between branches. Looking at the answers, this morning we've
> forward ported all the translations from 4.4 branch into trunk using
> msgmerge. Now we're translating trunk and I was thinking to backport them
> to stable/l10n-kde4 using msgmerge again. And then continuing with either
> po summit or branched lokalize.
>
> So we need your helps in order to not be lost between branches, that's why
> I'm a little bit confused with this commit,

Nothing has been lost according to my logs, the first commit i did *might*
have had some lost translations, but there have been several others correcting
stuff so everything in stable now should be what there was in trunk.

Unless you can prove me wrong (i err lots of times too!), but for example the
said joystick.po file is the same here in trunk and stable, so could you
please check again?

Albert