List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Fwd: branches/stable/l10n-kde4
From:       Ozan Çağlayan <ozan () pardus ! org ! tr>
Date:       2010-06-28 20:52:37

Hi,

Where are you merging these translations from? Because it seems that some
newer translations are lost (like joystick.po for example) with this
commit. But also there are new translations that I've made today for example.
Seems like a total merge from branches/4.4 + trunk/ if that was possible.

Why am I asking? Here's the answer:

As the Turkish translation team has not been active for quite sometimes (The leader
is busy doing his military service and will possibly not be available during the
next year), and now we're (Pardus Linux) trying hard to complete the translations.

The state of 4.4 translations was really very bad so we've jumped in and started
to translate branches/stable/l10n-kde4 during the past month and reached sth like ~%93.

But as we've then figured out, that was not the best way to translate KDE SC as the
translations got merged from trunk to stable once every major release is tagged.

That's why Ibrahim asked in here a few days ago what should we do to keep things synced between
branches. Looking at the answers, this morning we've forward ported all the translations
from 4.4 branch into trunk using msgmerge. Now we're translating trunk and I was thinking
to backport them to stable/l10n-kde4 using msgmerge again. And then continuing with either
po summit or branched lokalize.

So we need your helps in order to not be lost between branches, that's why I'm a little
bit confused with this commit,

Thanks
Ozan Caglayan