List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translations of 4.4 stable branch and trunk
From:       Martin Schlander <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-26 6:34:22

Fredag den 25. juni 2010 16:46:26 skrev Alexander Potashev:
> 2010/6/25 H. İbrahim Güngör <ibrahim@pardus.org.tr>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We, as Pardus Linux team, are translating KDE 4.4 stable branch for a
> > while. Are there any mechanism that merge the stable branch's
> > translations into trunk?
> >
> > We keep translating stable branch now, should we stop and translate trunk
> > or not? What is the correct workflow and what is your suggestions?
>
> 1. You can configure Lokalize to also make changes to stable branch
> when you are translating a file from trunk/l10n-kde4/.

Actually the other direction works too - Stable -> Trunk. All that is needed
is to set up the branch dir in Lokalize to Trunk.

Of course this requires up-to-date svn checkouts of both stable and trunk l10n
- and also requires committing both stable and trunk afterwards. So it might
not be the optimal solution if there are many translators and not all of them
have svn access.