List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: String freeze exemption request
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-06-23 4:49:22

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Pino Toscano <toscano.pino@tiscali.it> wrote:
> Alle marted́ 22 giugno 2010, Ben Cooksley ha scritto:
>> As a revised name, I suggest Generic Settings.
>
> How is "Generic settings" any better than "Common settings"?
> What is supposed to mean "generic"?
>
>> To give some context,
>> this category contains those settings which control both applications
>> and the workspace, and aren't special to KWin or Plasma ( which go in
>> Workspace Appearance and Behaviour )
>
> I do wonder how an user is supposed to know that, when all they read is
> "generic settings".

Unfortunately I have been unable to find a category name that is short
and doesn't include the word Workspace ( as having two categories for
Workspace settings would be confusing, hence why it isn't called
Application & Workspace )....

The current name however is misleading to what is meant, and is likely
worse than the proposed name.

What about Common Appearance & Behaviour?