On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Pino Toscano wrote: > Alle marted́ 22 giugno 2010, Ben Cooksley ha scritto: >> As a revised name, I suggest Generic Settings. > > How is "Generic settings" any better than "Common settings"? > What is supposed to mean "generic"? > >> To give some context, >> this category contains those settings which control both applications >> and the workspace, and aren't special to KWin or Plasma ( which go in >> Workspace Appearance and Behaviour ) > > I do wonder how an user is supposed to know that, when all they read is > "generic settings". Unfortunately I have been unable to find a category name that is short and doesn't include the word Workspace ( as having two categories for Workspace settings would be confusing, hence why it isn't called Application & Workspace ).... The current name however is misleading to what is meant, and is likely worse than the proposed name. What about Common Appearance & Behaviour? > > -- > Pino Toscano >