List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Kile LaTeX help and localization
From:       Burkhard =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2010-05-27 17:25:42

Am Mittwoch, 26. Mai 2010, um 19:29:38 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
> Hi!
>
> KDE LaTeX framework Kile contains short LaTeX guide (latexhelp.html) [1].
>
> This guide can be easily converted in PO by Translate Toolkit:
>
> html2po latexhelp.html -P -o latexhelp.pot
>
> After the translation PO can be merged back by
>
> po2html latexhelp.po latexhelp-uk.html -t latexhelp.html
>
> Same thing can be done for Step HTML tips (this question has already been
> arisen by Burkhard Lück in Step context [2]).
>
> Just two questions:
>
> 1) Is it worth to translate Kile LaTeX help this way (will it be packaged
> if I put it in uk/data)?

I don't know if kile is designed to use localizised latexhelp.html files, so I
mailed to the kile-devel ML.

> 2) Are there any ways to integrate these transformations in scripty to
> avoid manual work for Step and Kile?

I'd appreciate to integrate the localization of these and the existing data
files into scripty's workflow, especially because there are some updated/new
step files.

Afaik this is work in progress.

--
Burkhard Lück