List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [gluon] Gluon translated by KDE's translation teams?
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-05-01 14:44:35

A Dissabte, 1 de maig de 2010, Johannes Obermayr va escriure:
> Forwarded to kde-i18n-doc
>
> Am Freitag, 30. April 2010 23:24:48 schrieb Arjen-Wander Hiemstra:
> > Awesome, thank you Johannes and whoever else was involved in this.
> >
> > Currently, as far as I am aware, all string that need to be are
> > translateable using i18n calls. The exception to this is the simple
> > Gluon Player app as that is (intentionally) a pure Qt app. I have used
> > Qt's tr() calls there, but I dont know if those can be used by KDE's
> > translation system. If they cannot, we might be able to work around it.
>
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to translate these tr() calls?

It is possible yes, but pure Qt applications do not understand the .po format
so you need a to go the .ts/.qm way, and KDE translation system is not
designed to work on that, so if you are using a pure Qt application you are on
your own regarding translations, though luck for choosing an inferior system.

Albert