List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Outdated license file in l10n-kde4/*/docs/common/
From:       Burkhard =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2010-04-22 19:28:53

Am Donnerstag, 22. April 2010 19:49:24 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> A Dijous, 22 d'abril de 2010, Burkhard Lück va escriure:

> > > On websvn.kde.org the English version does not show the changes made
> > > going from 1.1 to 1.2. Are these available somewhere?
> >
> > As I wrote already, look at l10n-kde4/ *de* /docs/common/ for an english
> > fdl- translated.html version 1.2.
>
> Any reason for not updating the default english one?

Yes, there is no default english fdl-translated.html ;-)

There are two ways to view the fdl license in a documentation in khelpcenter:

1) Using the Legal Notice link on the first page, that is in any language the
original and only valid text of the fdl in english

2) Using the link in the chapter Credits and License, that is in locale en_US
again the fdl text from 1), in all other locales the fdl-translated.html.
In most locales the fdl-translated.html is the literal english text of the fdl
with a (not displayed) comment in the header how to deal with a translation of
the license.
In locale de the file gpl-translated.html is really a translation of the gpl,
there the header text is uncomented and says
The Free Software Foundation is not the publisher of this translation
and has not approved it as a legal substitute for the authentic GNU
General Public License

Burkhard Lück