List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Removing "Translators" in l10n.kde.org
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-03-05 20:59:02

A Divendres, 5 de març de 2010, Karl Ove Hufthammer va escriure:
> Fredag 5. mars 2010 skreiv Albert Astals Cid:
> >Hi, i'd like to remove the "Translators" section in
> >http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=cs (cs as example) pages.
> >
> >My reasons are:
> > * Gets old fast
> > * People fight because they want a Team Coordinator badge
>
> Good idea. Though information on the team coordinator is useful, each team
> may choose to move this information into the ‘Additional Notes' section.

It is useful but gets out of date as fast as the rest, that's why i only want
mailing lists there, mailing lists never get out of date.

> Information on which people contribute to the translation is easy enough to
> generate from the PO file headers. Example:
>
> http://huftis.org/kritikk/translation-statistics-nn.png
> http://huftis.org/kritikk/translation-statistics-nb.png
>
> >I'd also like to remove http://l10n.kde.org/register.php since it means
> >nothing, i've seen people register there in hope to help and never get
> >anything done because the "so called coordinators" were long absent.
>
> But who should have access to updating these pages then (Web page and
> mailing list links, and the ‘additional notes')?

I'm not speaking of killing the page, just hiding it a lot, the whole admin
thing would still be around.

Albert