List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Autogenerating docbooks
From:       Marek Laane <bald () smail ! ee>
Date:       2010-02-25 21:51:56

neljapäev, 25. veebruar 2010 23:36:45 kirjutas Burkhard Lück:
> Am Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2010 17:05:44 schrieb Marek Laane:
> > neljapäev, 25. veebruar 2010 17:45:22 kirjutas Luciano Montanaro:

> > > I agree, it is ugly; so are mixed messages in a gui, but I think we
> > > should care for useful first, beautiful second. A partially translated
> > > manual may make the difference between some people being able to use
> > > it as a reference for some operations or not.
> >
> > At least there may be a rule that if documentation of the application is
> > divided into separated files (e.g gwenviw, kppp, kate and some others),
> >
> >  then, provided that [application-name].po is translated, the manual will
> >  be generated, even if not all components of it are translated. These
> >  components may be not so important for "average user", e.g
> >  kate-advanced.
>
> That won't work really well, the splitting of many docbooks is not designed
> for this use case.

Sad... I can understand splitting is for minimizing workload both of writers
and of translators as huge texts are hard to maintain. For same reason I could
easily imagine that in these huge manuals are some chapters more important
than others and therefore some not so important (or important only for
"advanced" users) may be let untranslatable, at least for a while...