List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Release of Smb4K 0.10.5
From:       Alexander Reinholdt <alexander.reinholdt () t-online ! de>
Date:       2010-02-16 15:50:52

Hello!

I'm Alexander Reinholdt, the main developer of Smb4K. I was notified that our
latest release caused some irritation among the KDE translators because it was
not published with the translations from l10n-kde4. So, I would like to
explain the situation.

First of all I want to stress that we appreciate the work of the KDE
translators very much and we did not mean to offend or intimidate anyone.

Smb4K 0.10 is the predecessor of the version that is in KDE playground and is
still hosted at BerliOS (We imported a development snapshot without any
history into KDE SVN a few months ago.). Smb4K 0.10.5 has been packaged from
that branch outside KDE. Additionally, since there are approximately 18 months
of development between Smb4K 0.10 and the version in playground, the messages
already diviate significantly, so that it would not make much sense to copy the
new translations to the "old" source code.

For the next major release will definitely use the translations from l10n-kde4
and I want to apologize for any misunderstanding and irritation caused.

Best regards
Alexander

P.S.: Please CC me because I'm not subscribed to this mailing list.