List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translated man pages
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2010-02-14 15:13:44

> [: Yuri Chornoivan :]
> Dear colleagues, if you have translated man pages with Unicode symbols in
> them, can you confirm the problem?

Also happens for Serbian. It seems any character not covered by ISO-8859-1
(i.e. Latin-1) encoding is converted to XML character entity, and the man
page is written out in ISO-8859-1 instead of UTF-8.

> Maybe it is system specific (I use Mandriva)?

It's not system specific, in that installed man pages end up having these
entities, which shouldn't happen (native man page format is troff, I think).
So the DocBook-to-man step in the build chain of language packs is messing
up.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team