List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: c-format trouble in KrossWordPuzzle
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2009-12-31 7:33:59

Am Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2009 08:38:07 schrieb Thomas Reitelbach:
> Am Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2009 22:19:24 schrieb Burkhard Lück:
> > Am Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2009 21:55:05 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
> > > Please, do not do this. The application is really great (just try it by
> > > your own). I have written the developer twice trying to convince him to
> > > develop the game through KDE SVN, but received no answer. Last version
> > > (newer than in SVN) have been released with Ukrainian translation only.
> > >
> > > Maybe my arguments were too weak?
> > >
> > > It is playground application. I am afraid that if we push too hard,
> > > this game will be lost for KDE. Can you convince him to include the
> > > translations (en_GB, pt, and sv) from kde4-l10n?
>
> Just hold on a few days, please.
> I got a mail from Friedrich last week and he started his own (german)
> translation and asked me how to put it in SVN. So I guess he's interested
>  to have translations in SVN obviously.
>
> Just let me mail him and wait for his reaction. Maybe he just needs a short
> introduction into SVN?

Hi all,

I got answer from the author Friedrich Pülz.
In the past he released versions of his game on kde-apps but didn't properly
use KDE SVN. But he recognized that this is not a good solution and promises
to develop in SVN instead. He said we're free to commit patches to SVN and
he'll use SVN as main source code repository as well as for translations.

From what I read from him I guess that he might still need some help using SVN
the right way, but let's see what happens in the short future.

Cheers and a happy new year :)
Thomas