List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: check-tp-kde errors (was XML errrors)
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-24 17:55:22

A Dijous, 24 de desembre de 2009, Freek de Kruijf va escriure:
> Op donderdag 24 december 2009 14:52:59 schreef Albert Astals Cid:
> > Please remember to fix check-tp-kde errors in your translations and fix
> >  them.
> >
> > You can find up-to-date results for trunk in
> >   http://www.kde.cat/aacid/xml_errors/trunk/
> >
> > Albert
>
> There are two types of errors mentioned for which it is questionable
>  whether they are real errors.
> Some of our translators do want their names listed without their email
> address; so a mismatch in the number.
> Some want their addresses readable by the human reader and not by a robot
> email address harvester. So they cloak their addresses; so an invalid email
> address.
>
> Is it possible to exclude these errors from the list?

Not really.

Personally i would not accept people that do not want their email listed,
there are tons of free email services, you can create one just for KDE
translations if you want but being able to contact people who did the
translation is in my opinion *VERY* important.

That said, we allow a different number of emails and names to exist, just add
an empty email (that is something like "foo@bar.com,,fee@oe.org" if you have
three translators and the second doesn't want to have its mail public).

Regarding human readable addresses the problem is the same, there is no
cloaking scheme a robot can not understand an a human can, do you think
spammers are so dumb not to recognize albert AT kde DOT org as an e-mail
address? So either do not add an email, add a custom one for KDE only things
or add the full one, having it cloaked makes no sense at all.

Albert