List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: String freeze for KDE SC 4.4
From:       Lydia Pintscher <lydia () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-11-28 17:27:44

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 18:21, Marek Laane <bald@smail.ee> wrote:
> laupäev, 28. november 2009 19:13:17 kirjutas Lydia Pintscher:
>> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 18:10, Marek Laane <bald@smail.ee> wrote:
>> > What is KDE SC?
>>
>> The KDE Software Compilation. Basically what we previously called KDE
>> X.X. The big blob of code we release every 6 months.
>> For more information check
>>   http://dot.kde.org/2009/11/24/repositioning-kde-brand
>>

>> Cheers
>> Lydia
>>

> Well... maybe it's good for branding somewhere but I can tell for sure that
> however you try faithfully translate "Software Compilation" in my language
> (Estonian) it makes absolutely no sense :-) , or, at least, it needs some
> great branding guru to make real sense of it...
> But it's good to know what the SC can mean if it penetrates in the source
> code, too.

It is not meant to be translated :) And honestly also not meant to be
used much besides release notes and coverage. We want to concentrate
much more on the individual applications. For some more explanation
best read the comments on the dot. There are good replies to exactly
those questions.

Cheers
Lydia

--