List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Suggestion about docbook generation
From:       Eloy Cuadra <ecuadra () eloihr ! net>
Date:       2009-10-26 15:53:17

Hi,

El lunes, 26 de octubre de 2009, Cristina Yenyxe González García escribió:
> 2009/10/25 Burkhard Lück <lueck@hube-lueck.de>:
> > You mean to use english and translated docbooks for a documentation
> > consisting of several files?
> > Doing that would break a lot of language documentation building for the
> > current docs caused by the link elements used in the docbooks.
>
> No, I was referring only to translated docbooks, not combinations with
> English ones. I had already guessed the difficulties on checking the
> whole documentation tree.

Some time ago when I was translating KDevelop's doc to Spanish (i.e., a large
number of docbooks), I had the same problem. In order to view the progress of
my translations and to check the results, I copied the pending docbooks
(partially or completely untranslated into Spanish) directly from English in
my language docs directory, and then ran meinproc. Thus, I could see the
results in HTML.

It would be something like what is done with the images of documentation: if
some of them don't exist in the docs directory of a language, they are taken
directly from the original documentation in English.

I don't know if this approach could be useful, or if someone could somehow
integrate this in the toolchain to  generate the documentation for the final
user.

Greetings,
--
Eloy Cuadra