List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re:  [Off-topic] What's happening with FLOSS l10n worldwide?
From:       Miguel Branco <mgl.branco () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-20 16:15:40

I appreciate you answers, really.

For other people, you can contact me at any time, I'd be glad.

What I have seen so far, the situation in Europe//Indo-European languages is
quite homogeneous - between 3-10 people, no governmental support except some
languages, maybe part of cultural association or in communication via mailing
lists... This could be the case in India and South Africa. I ignore what's
happening elsewhere -- and, as you correctly pointed, for most languages lack
of technology is the thing.

My thoughts right now is that translators lack an international forum to
discuss l10n, that not only affect one single project. As well, we should
start conceiving l10n at the language level  rather than at the project level
(consistency, efficiency...). 	That's what we are trying to so here with
Galician.

thanks again,

Miguel Branco