I appreciate you answers, really. For other people, you can contact me at any time, I'd be glad. What I have seen so far, the situation in Europe//Indo-European languages is quite homogeneous - between 3-10 people, no governmental support except some languages, maybe part of cultural association or in communication via mailing lists... This could be the case in India and South Africa. I ignore what's happening elsewhere -- and, as you correctly pointed, for most languages lack of technology is the thing. My thoughts right now is that translators lack an international forum to discuss l10n, that not only affect one single project. As well, we should start conceiving l10n at the language level rather than at the project level (consistency, efficiency...). That's what we are trying to so here with Galician. thanks again, Miguel Branco