List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Multiple catalogs for knetworkmanager (and others)
From:       Will Stephenson <wstephenson () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-09-01 8:24:21

On Tuesday 01 September 2009 09:16:41 Jannick Kuhr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that Will introduced with rev1017239 two new catologs with
> about 280 extracted strings each. It's important to extract all
> strings, but the vast majority of this strings also exist in other
> networkmanager templates. Could we please merge all these catalogs in
> one knetworkmanager.po? I have the impression to translate every day
> the same strings again and again. And it is quite difficult, if not
> impossible, to keep the strings consistent. Or are there any
> technically reason to do it this way? Btw. with the plasma templates
> we have a similar situation...

I'm happy to use only one .po but I don't really understand how things work
currently.  Others have added multiple Messages.sh files all over the source
tree.  Is this for a good reason?  Do separate KCModules or UI plugins
_require_ separate catalogs?  Otherwise I could happily have one Messages.sh
for all the libraries, one for monolithic and another for the plasmoid.

Is there a good reference besides this, that I have just discovered?

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization

Will