List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Description of "contrast" in color scheme
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2009-08-24 18:33:52

On Monday 24 August 2009 20:03:14 Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> > Well, if it works already (empty tooltip -> no tooltip shown),
> > then there is no problem.
>
> It's easy to test, why don't you do it?

Good question. So it works (or I did something wrong), no tooltip.

> > But I guess there is another problem -- do we have any way to
> > mark part of the text as optional (because the optional part will
> > be shown as tooltip)? Well, it is not mandatory, but without it,
> > it would be up to translators to find too long labels and cut
> > them.
>
> You can not have a string translated to "nothing" if that's what
> you are asking.

No. I am asking about something like this:

text=hello {world}
polish translation=witaj

In this imaginary example translator omitted optional part in
translation.

However such optional marking is not required (from tech.POV) to
provide text which is translated into very long text and then
shortened by translator.

Cheers,