List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [KDE Usability] Description of "contrast" in color scheme
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2009-08-24 17:28:31

On Monday 24 August 2009 18:54:13 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> I don't think that's possible, or not, at least without retaining
> the tooltip in "C" locale. (I'm not sure what happens if you give
> the tooltip translation as an empty string in languages where you
> 'don't need it', if you get no tooltip, or an empty tooltip.)

Well, if it works already (empty tooltip -> no tooltip shown), then
there is no problem.

But I guess there is another problem -- do we have any way to mark
part of the text as optional (because the optional part will be shown
as tooltip)? Well, it is not mandatory, but without it, it would be
up to translators to find too long labels and cut them.

> Anyway since we're now talking about i18n, I'm adding that list...

Cheers,