List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Moving to git
From:       Sébastien_Renard <Renard () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-07-24 10:47:17

Le jeudi 23 juillet 2009 15:53:01, Myriam Schweingruber a écrit :
> So does git. Once the first checkout made, the subsequent 'git pull'
> only updates your local clone.
[...]

The granularity is the git repository. Whenever a file change somewhere you
have to pull it.
Even if we have a git repo per language it would be annoying to always
checkout the whole thing.

I do like (and use) git for development. But for the translation workflow I
don't see clear benefits (except homogeneity once all kde switch to git).

Subversion is already too much geek for lots of translators. Please, keep the
translation workflow simple.

a+
--
Sébastien