List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Weather conditions
From:       Frederik Schwarzer <schwarzerf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-21 8:16:21

[Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin) | Tuesday 21 July 2009]
> 在 2009 年 07 月 21 日 星期二 05:21:29,Albert Astals Cid 寫道:
> > A Dimecres, 15 de juliol de 2009, Jean Cayron va escriure:

> > > You don't have to, it won't change the inclusion or not of your
> > > language in KDE 4.3.
> > > If you can it's better otherwise it'll appear in English on the
> > > desktop. But there is no obligation. See message below from Albert
> > > Astals Cid.
> >
> > The more correct answer would be:
> >
> > Yes you have to translate them to get a better translated desktop but
> > if you don't we won't punish you if you don't get to the 75% kdebase
> > mark.
> >
> > Albert
>
> I finally made it...  *sweat*  I'm just wondering that if KDE 4.3.0 was
> scheduled to release on July 28th, why the strings were not freezed?  Is
> the release schedule delayed?  When is KDE 4.3.0 tagging?  I could still
> see string changes yesterday.

String freeze means, no _existing_ strings are allowed to be changed
(unless, there is a good reason for it). If there are untranslatable stings
(e.g. due to a forgotten i18n() call), that are not extracted for
translation, they are allowed to be added. The reason for that is, that it
does not break the work translators have already done.
Creating a fuzzy removes strings from the language pack that were already
translated. Adding a string just gives us the possibility to translate a
string that would have been untranslated beforehand anyway.

Regards