List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: gwenrename getting ready for KDE4
From:       Spiros Georgaras <sng () hellug ! gr>
Date:       2009-07-10 12:13:46

On Friday 10 July 2009 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Divendres 10 Juliol 2009 01:37:21, Spiros Georgaras va escriure:
> > Hi all
> >
> > gwenrename is a batch renaming tool for gwenview, Dolphin and Konqueror.
> > It has been around since 2003 and now it's time to be a KDE4 app :)
> >
> > gwenrename is now in SVN, under trunk/playground-utils and I'm working on
> > it in order to release v1.1 (1.1-beta6 is already out)
> >
> > Through the years, a number of people have contributed their translations
> > and maybe teams would benefit from them. Here they are:
> >
> > The actual files can be downloaded from:
> >   http://members.hellug.gr/sng/gwenrename/translate.html
> >
> > BTW, I have already contacted the original translators, in case they want
> > to help out
>
> Was it previously in the kde repo? If so i guess getting the .po files from
> kde repo is the best idea, right?

Yes you are right Albert, some po files may exist under l10n-kde3
In case a both po files exist, I would use both of them; something like

msgmerge el-kde3.po gwenrename.pot > el-new.po
msgmerge el-site.po el-new.po > el.po

where
  el-kde3.po - po file already in l10n-kde3
  el-site.po - po file available at gwenrename site

What do you think? I haven't tested it, but it seems logical

--
Regards
  Spiros

--