List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Qt translations
From:       Kristof Bal <kristof.bal () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-26 17:12:22

Hi

In the subdir qt/ in the messages folder of each team we translate the
qt kde uses. This is of course great, because kde apps using qt get
fully translated and so on.

On the other hand, many qt-only apps use qt functions loading qt
translations to appear translated (mostly buttons like cancel and ok,
but also all features qtwebkit has). Problem is that Qt is only
translated in a few languages (at least in 4.4), so that apps in other
languages, although "fully translated"appear with some strings in
English.

So: is there a way to push our translations "upstream"? If both kde
and qt have their own, there should be coordination, but otherwise
there's no real problem I think.

Kristof