List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: "Name" in Kopete
From:       Sergiu Bivol <sergiu () ase ! md>
Date:       2009-01-25 7:51:47

În data de Sb, 24-01-2009 la 12:53 +0100, Albert Astals Cid a scris:
> A Dissabte 24 Gener 2009, Sergiu Bivol va escriure:
> > Could you please change it to say „Forename" or „First Name", since
> > these terms are used everywhere else in Kopete?
> > „Name" is usually used to express „Full name".
>
> Disagree, when you find someone you never met you say "My name is Albert"
> not "My name is Albert Astals Cid" nor "My first name is Albert" nor "My
> forename is Albert"

You're right, but you never say „My name is Sergiu _and_ my surname is
Bivol" or „Name - Sergiu, Last Name - Bivol"

If it says Surname/Last Name, then it should also say the opposite of
Surname/Last Name, which is Forename/First Name.