List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kdgantt
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-01-04 0:11:53

A Dijous 01 Gener 2009, Thomas Reitelbach va escriure:
> On Donnerstag, 1. Januar 2009, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Dijous 01 Gener 2009, Marek Laane va escriure:
> > > Thursday, 01. January 2009 14:11:40 kirjutas Sébastien Renard:

> > > Wasn't it due to both KOffice (KPlato?) and kdepim (KOrganizer?) need
> > > kdgantt and KOffice didn't like the idea depend from kdepim?
> >
> > Something like that, yes.
>
> I believe one version should either be removed or renamed to prevent
> problems. If KOffice's kdgantt and the KDE one are not the same version,
> then this will lead to broken translations. Imagine an older version of
> KOffice is beeing installed onto a very recent Version of KDE 4. This would
> overwrite the newer kdegantt translations from KDE 4 with the older ones
> from KOffice.

This would seem a bad idea but it's currently not possible since the directory
in koffice is directly a svn:external to kdepim one which means no local
modifications can be done. Luckily kdgantt is quite stable so that should not
happen.

If you are not happy with this situation i suggest contacting both koffice and
kdepim explaining the potential situation, one possible solution would be
moving kdgantt to kdepimlibs, but it's GPL and i think libs there need to be
LGPL.

I tried once and failed, maybe you have more luck :-)

Albert