List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Documentation backport to 4.1.4
From:       "Luciano Montanaro" <mikelima () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-31 9:19:50

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Thomas Reitelbach <tr@erdfunkstelle.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 30. Oktober 2008 18:23:45 schrieb Burkhard Lück:
>> Hi translators,
>>
>> kde 4.1.3 has been tagged today, so my usual question for a
>> backport of documentation updates and bugfixes from trunk to stable in the
>> next week.
>>
>> There are a lot of small changes (typos, wrong markup + content) and some
>> new docs (kcmstyle, kwincompositing, man pages in kdelibs,
>> kdepimlibs/kcontrol/kresources etc)
>>
>> Again round about 600 changed/new messages.
>>
>> As the last backports worked without problems, their should be no
>> objections?
>
> I'm glad that you're spending your time for documentation fixes and backports.
> It's frustrating when you translate a doc and it's english original is
> outdated. I'd appreciate a documentation backport!

But is it really worth it? KDE 4.2 is two months away. I'd rather
concentrate on making sure next release translation is as good as
possible.

That said, if it's for the documentation only, that makes little
difference -- if they are typos, they will not appear in the
translation, and the old translation will be perfectly valid.

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams