List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: XML Errors in Stable
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-10-19 18:00:06

A Diumenge 19 Octubre 2008, Sveinn í Felli (IMAP) va escriure:
> Hi Albert
>
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Hi, this is the third monthly nagging mail about XML errors in stable
> > translations.
> >
> > As usual http://www.kde.cat/aacid/xml_errors/stable/ for the results
>
> Have been trying to correct my icelandic
> kdelibs/kdelibs4.po, still using Kbabel and Kate for the
> task. Kbabel manager displays the file with a '?' ikon.
> Problem is always the same; a syntax error on line 11441,
> which would be the following msgid. Maybe I'm doing
> something wrong here, but I don't see anything abnormal here.
> I've tried re starting from an empty template, no luck, the
> error(s?) persist.
>
> #: nepomuk/core/ui/nepomukmassupdatejob.cpp:74
> #| msgid "Configure Notifications"
> #, fuzzy
> msgid "Changing annotations"
> msgstr "Stilla umsagnir"
>
> Do you have any better diagnostic tools?

From the README file

Requirements
------------

The *.po files contained in the subdirectories use a new message context
feature and kde-format flags, available in Gettext 0.17 and newer.
If your Gettext version is too old, you'll receive an error message in KBabel
when saving a file and Catalogmanager will display a question mark on those
files, which contain the new keyword "msgctxt". To avoid those annoying error
messages in KBabel and Catalogmanager translators have two options:

  Option 1: Disable two checks in catalogmanager:
            - Project -> Configure -> Save ->    Check syntax of file when
saving
            - Project -> Configure -> Folders -> Run msgfmt before processing
a file

  Option 2: Install Gettext 0.17 or newer

Do you meet the Requirements?

Albert