List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Kpat.po plural issue
From:       Najmi <md_najmi () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-08-24 10:28:06

--- On Sun, 8/24/08, Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org> wrote:

> From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org>
> Subject: Re: Kpat.po plural issue
> To: md_najmi@yahoo.com, "KDE i18n-doc" <kde-i18n-doc@kde.org>
> Date: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 3:57 PM
> Am Sonntag 24 August 2008 schrieb Najmi:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm translating kdegames/kpot.po and alerted this
> problem when I tried to
> > commit. Ran msgfmt beforehand but no problem.
> >
> > ============
> > msgfmt --statistics kpat.po -o /dev/null  -v
> > 5 translated messages, 41 fuzzy translations, 36
> untranslated messages.
> > ===========
> >
> Try with -c to see the error
>
> Greetings, Stephan

This the file that was translated :
http://staff.iiu.edu.my/najmi/kpat.po

The error prompt:

msgfmt --statistics kpat.po -o /dev/null  -vc
kpat.po:7: invalid nplurals value
msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors
5 translated messages, 41 fuzzy translations, 36 untranslated messages.

I think this error was originated from

msgid "1 loss"
msgid_plural "%1 losses"
msgstr[0] "1 kalah"
msgstr[1] "%1 kalah"

#: gamestatsimpl.cpp:73
#, kde-format
msgid "1 win"
msgid_plural "%1 wins"
msgstr[0] "1 menang"
msgstr[1] "%1 menang"

If I left them untranslated,it still error.

msgfmt --statistics kpat.pot -o /dev/null  -vc
msgfmt: (null): warning: PO file header fuzzy
                warning: older versions of msgfmt will give an error on this
kpat.pot:8: invalid nplurals value
kpat.pot:8: some header fields still have the initial default value
msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors
0 translated messages, 82 untranslated messages.

Is is the template file itself contains bug?