List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Two new strings in Gwenview
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <aurelien.gateau () free ! fr>
Date:       2008-05-31 19:53:34

Frederik Schwarzer a écrit :
> On Saturday 31 May 2008 17:27:59 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> - "You have modified many images"
>> - "To avoid memory problems, you should save your changes."
>
> If the first one is a dialog title, I would not use the "You have [...]" form.
> Something like "Too many modified images" feels more suitable to me.
> The "You have [...]" sentence would then be in the dialog itself followed by the rest.

I agree, but I should have been more precise. The title was supposed to
show in a floating widget over the mainwindow, anchored to a corner.

I say "was" because I made a quick test and wasn't convinced by the
results, so I think I will show the warning in the save bar [1] instead.
This mean there will be only one string:

"You have modified many images. To avoid memory problems, you should
save your changes."

Aurélien

[1] http://agateau.wordpress.com/2007/07/15/you-have-unsaved-changes/