List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: add be@latin
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-03-23 19:31:54

>> [: Federico Zenith :]
>> 2) I am afraid your flag is not going to pass, since it would be a
>> political statement. Furthermore, flags are associated to countries, not
>> languages.
>
> [: Orestes Mas :]
> This is obviously false. For instance in many places we see Germany flag
> to denote German language [...]

Federico is in fact entirely right. To my knowledge, there is no link
between flags and languages in KDE as distributed to the users. The single
such link I can think of is that on stats pages of l10n.kde.org, and that's
not end-user content. Any other place?

As for the flags and countries, KDE of course provides the official flag for
each country, and that's not really open for discussion.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team