List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: add be@latin
From:       Orestes Mas <orestes () tsc ! upc ! edu>
Date:       2008-03-23 19:02:09

A Dissabte 22 Març 2008 21:49, Federico Zenith va escriure:

> 2) I am afraid your flag is not going to pass, since it would be a
> political statement. Furthermore, flags are associated to countries, not
> languages.

This is obviously false. For instance in many places we see Germany flag to
denote German language, although it's spoken in other countries than Germany
(Austria, Switzerland...). Similarly, we often see languages denoted by flags
of territories which have no independent state associated, like catalan.

So please don't mix politics with this issue. IMHO the decision on which flag
to use has to be left to the translation team, who is supposed to make
according to personal preferences, tradition and/or common sense.

Orestes.