List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Need some help translating marble.pot
From:       Giovanni Venturi <jumpyj () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2008-03-14 13:15:09

Alle venerdì 14 marzo 2008, Yukiko Bando ha scritto:
> > It will replaced during marble execution by a number I think. The message
> > is referred to the number of unclosed tags. The %1, %2, ... are used for
> > the developer to replace usually numbers to have a generic message. So
> > translate considering %1 as a generic number.
>
> Thanks, but if it refers to the number of unclosed tags, shouldn't this
> string have plural forms?
Good question. I think that %1 is referred to number greater than 1 (reading
the message: unclosed tags is plural) so it could be correct. We should ask
better to the authors but they are very very busy. I tryed to contact them
for other issues but I got no reply. So If someone can give a good
explanation...

Giovanni

--
A KDE Italian translator and KSniffer core developer
Slackware GNU/Linux current version - kernel 2.6.24.3