List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: to  stable/l10n-kde4 or not, that's the question
From:       Sébastien_Renard <Sebastien.Renard () digitalfox ! org>
Date:       2008-01-08 17:47:47

Le lundi 7 janvier 2008, Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
> 	b) Keep using trunk/l10n-kde4 for KDE 4.0.x and create stable/l10n-kde4
> and switch trunk/l10n-kde4 to process KDE 4.1 when real KDE 4.1 is nearer
> (say around beta 1 or so)
[...]

Hello,

I support the (b) option because KDE 4.1 is expected quickly and handling two
branche will give a lot of work for very few benefits except strict respect
to usual process.
4.0 branch will die after 4.1.0 release so I cannot imagine working on 4.0 and
4.1 at the same time, it will be 4.0 and then 4.1. No need for two branches
now IMHO.

Think to extragear and playground moduels that will stay in trunk. So
translators will have to svn up two branches (trunk and stable) with no
benefits.

But maybe 4.1 beta is too late to switch. Could it be done earlier ?

Regards,
--
Sébastien - French l10n team