List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: On typo bugs, lazyness and so on
From:       mvillarino <mvillarino () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-17 7:05:48

O Martes, 16 de Outubro de 2007, Thomas Reitelbach escribiu:
> Of course you can always report typos here at kde-i18n-doc. But a simple
> report feature in KAider would of course be cool - just imagine you could
> mark a message as "typo", go ahead with translations, mark another one as
> typo and so on. When you are finished you could choose "Generate typo
> report" from the menu and a ready-to-use E-Mail would be generated for you,
> including the msgstr's and the files/line numbers where the typo occurs :-)

That is a great idea, though it has one problem (not sure if easy to solve):
 all of the pot files have the same header-variable Report-Msgid-Bugs-To:
http://bugs.kde.org. Were this variabel different for each file/program, it
could be used to file a report, either trough mail/bugbuster
The mechanism could be adressed in a special translator comment
(typo-not-reported), that after completion of the reporting process, is
changed to typo-reported. According to the content of the
Report-Msgid-Bugs-To variabel, the "Report button" should call either your
favorite mail app or kbugbuster/konqueror, with the ready-to-use texts you
noted above.
And the best part: I could isolate me from the world and report bugs without
the need to remember them! The apps does it for me!. I'm lazyer than Haskell.

--
Best regards
MV
Public key available at www.keyserver.net
GPG Fingerprint: 8116 899E 61FD D983 AF80 FEDE 1CD8 1C9A 4B81 73AE