List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Number formatting in kdelibs4
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-10-14 8:51:49

> [: Marek Laane :]
> I didn't quite understand how one has to "translate" number-format:integer
> and number-format:real. There is rather opaque comment "see translation
> documentation" without specified [...]

I put that comment hoping to actually write that piece of documentation
somewhere, but given other priorities... I'm just going to put a longer
comment right there with the messages.

> [...] but as far as I could find there is only three possibilities: us,
> euro and posix. What to do if none seems to be correct? E.g. in Estonian
> we have comma for decimal separator, too, but space for thousands'
> separator and if I'm not mistaken it doesn't match any of three options...

Correct, none of the existing is applicable, so we need this new format :)
(this was planned, to introduce new formats along the way as necessary).
Shall we call it "euro2"?

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team