List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Questions about doc translation
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-09 18:00:44

A Dimarts 09 Octubre 2007, Yukiko Bando va escriure:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Dilluns 08 Octubre 2007, Yukiko Bando va escriure:
> > > 1.
> > > These terms are not localized in HTML handbooks I generated using
> > > po2xml and meinproc.
> > >
> > > Table of Contents
> > > Next
> > > Prev
> > > Up
> > >
> > > Old docbooks (generated some five years ago) show them in Japanese both
> > > in Help Center and on the web. Where do these translations come from?
> >
> > It works here (catalan documentation), note that for KDE4 you have to use
> > meinproc4, not meinproc, but probably you don't have KDE4 installed so
> > don't have it. These translations come from
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kdoctools/docbook/xsl/common/
> > which is also provided by kdelibs4
>
> Thanks for the advice. I have KDE4 and meinproc4 (didn't use it though) but
> had <!ENTITY % English "INCLUDE"> in the header! Stupid me... Sorry.

That's why you should ./scripts/update_xml ja
to create Japanese documentation, you can pass the script a second parameter
that is the dir you want to create, e.g. ./scripts/update_xml ja kdebase

The script will fix the header for you.

> > > 2.
> > > I get "the section called "ショートカット"" for <xref
> > > linkend=\"key-bindings\"/> in KShisen Handbook. Where can I translate
> > > the English part?
> >
> > Don't understand, can i get a snapshot of where you get this?
>
> Here in the last sentence.
> http://docs.kde.org/stable/ja/kdegames/kshisen/menu-reference.html#game-men
>
> After fixing the header it is localized but the translation in ja.xml
> doesn't fit well with my translation. Now I get "ã‚·ãƒ§ãƒ¼ãƒˆã‚«ãƒƒãƒˆé …" (the last
> character &#38917; means section) but it doesn't make sense without a
> particle and I use a different word for section. Can I change it in ja.xml?

Well, ja.xml comes from the docbook project, so it is an "upstream" file we
should not change without a reason. Otherwise if it is wrong you should
checkout kdelibs/kdoctools/docbook/xsl/common and fix it, probably also
notifying the docbook project.

Just ask if you don't know how to get the l10n-kde4/scripts dir or the kdelibs
checkout.

Albert