List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kbabel in kde4
From:       "Malcolm Hunter" <malcolm.hunter () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-08-30 11:49:54

On Thu, August 30, 2007 11:59 am, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> Nick Shaforostoff wrote:
>
>> > I wonder if it would be possible to have an easier way to switch
>> between
>> > multiple identities than loading and saving projects. Perhaps
>> something
>> > similar to multiple identities in KMail.
>>
>> please give me [more] detailed description of use case.
>
> iiuc it's this usecase:
> You have one module to maintain in trunk and in branches plus one or two
> extragear apps and in addition you also translate for another project
> besides
> KDE. Now (as in 3.5.7) you have to create several projects for that and
> you
> can only have one of them opened at a time.
> The only app that comes to my mind making it the way I think the author
> meant
> is Eclipse.
> Like:
> - Project_1
>   - File_1
>   - File_2
> - Project_2
>   - File_1
> [...]
>
> Every project would have its own settings but can be accessed immediately
> without closing the other projects.
>
> Is something like that possible to do?

I achieve something like this by creating links to the subdirectories. e.g.:

~/trunk/l10n/templates/messages
~/trunk/l10n/en_GB/messages
~/stable/l10n/templates/messages
~/stable/l10n/en_GB/messages

Create directory structure:

~/translate/templates
~/translate/en_GB

In templates: ln -s ~/trunk/l10n/templates/messages trunk
              ln -s ~/stable/l10n/templates/messages stable

In en_GB: ln -s ~/trunk/l10n/en_GB/messages trunk
          ln -s ~/stable/l10n/en_GB/messages stable

Then, in catalog manager, point POT directory at ~/translate/templates and
PO directory at ~/translate/en_GB

Can this be done with Kaider?

Regards,
Malcolm
--
Web Development, Technical Copy-Editing & Proofreading

KDE Proofreading Team
KDE British English Translation Team

http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=en_GB