List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Starting team for bn_IN
From:       deepayan.sarkar () gmail ! com
Date:       2007-08-30 6:18:18

On 8/29/07, Thomas Diehl <thd@kde.org> wrote:
> Runa Bhattacharjee wrote:
>
> > do we have to wait for any further approval from KDE.
>
> Don't think so. To my knowledge, there is still no successor to the
> former l10n coordinator (me).
>
> > We would appreciate if someone could please let us know about how and
> > when we can start on this task. The information in the
> > Translation-Howto [2], is not very clear about this.
>
> Unfortunately, the Howto is unmaintained as well and partly outdated but
> it seems pretty clear to me in this respect : "If after a few days (at
> most a week), you have not got any answer, then it means that there is
> currently nobody interested to work on your prefered language. In that
> case, you can start translating. It would be nice to send a message to
> tell that you are starting, to avoid thinking that you have abandonned
> because you have not get any co-worker."
>
> So, please go ahead and good luck with your work,

This should probably happen by copying the current l10n/bn directory
to bn_IN and bn_BD as a starting point, and then move ahead from
there. As coordinator for Bengali, I can create those (I think), but
someone higher up probably needs to do something to make sure that
these are then processed correctly.

I guess there's no point in doing this for 3.5.x, and we should just
focus on kde4. What's the correct svn directory for that (I've been
somewhat out of touch) ?

-Deepayan