List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Starting team for bn_IN
From:       "G Karunakar" <indlinux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-30 6:16:27

On 8/30/07, Runa Bhattacharjee <runabh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to start a team for bn_IN (Bengali, India) for
> > translating KDE. I help coordinate the Bengali India translations for
> > GNOME[1], and I would like to know the procedure for going forward
> > (and also the procedure to get an SVN account if it is
> > feasible/allowable at this stage).
> >
> > Warm regards,
> > Sayamindu
> >
> > [1] http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/bn_IN
> >
> Apologies for re-sending this message. But we have been waiting for a
> response on this for quite sometime now and have received no replies.
> Can we start the translations for bn_IN or do we have to wait for any
> further approval from KDE. We would appreciate if someone could please
> let us know about how and when we can start on this task. The
> information in the Translation-Howto [2], is not very clear about this.

Start translations with essentials
(desktop_kdelibs.po,	desktop_l10n.po, kdebase, kdelibs4.po )
For language to be included in a release, thresholds are
    * kdebase - 75%
    * kdelibs4.po - 90%
    * desktop_l10n.po - 75%
    * desktop_kdelibs.po - 75%

To start team page contact Claudiu Costin (as mentioned in the url)
http://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/new-language.html

To apply for new svn account see..
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/misc/applysvnaccount.php

meanwhile I could help with initial checkin..if you can send me the PO files.

Karunakar