List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: amarok 1.4.7 - string freeze
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2007-08-04 14:46:25

On Samstag, 4. August 2007, Harald Sitter wrote:
> Sent the mail with a wrong mail account, so it got stuck in the approval
> system....
>
> Amarok 1.4.7 (translation in stable)
> branches/stable/l10n/de/messages/extragear-multimedia/amarok.po for
> example, entered today string freeze.
>
> Tagging is scheduled for 19 UTC on Monday.
>

> We also tought about making the UI more consistent in matters of
> translation. In fact we are considering to remove translations which are
> lower than average. For 1.4.6
> http://aplg.kollide.net/amarok/l10n/amarok-1.4.6.html
> that would be < 77% translated. Npw, I'd like to know your opinion on this,
> since it might be your work that cuts off, but we actually think it might
> be worse to use a half way translated application (since it's confusing)
> than a translation which is not localisized at all (one has to speak little
> english in both cases), also it looks awful to have a half translated GUI.
>
> So, what do you think about this?

*hmpf* I think this would be a good april fool's joke:
I receive the freeze announcement on saturday and tagging is on monday? Ok,
this is not the first time with such a short freeze.
But then you tell us to cut off translations below a threshold???

Please tell me it's a joke!

Sorry, I'm a bit harsh, please forgive me. But it's always the same with
amarok string freeze, it's really too short.

Cheers
Thomas